Sunday, January 15, 2012

Family Rules..

Tawk of the day: "Live the life you love, love the life you live."


So.. If you have been living in the life of blogland, you may have seen 'family rules' signs like these:

[close+up.gif]
[IMG_6263.JPG]    [100_3882.JPG]
(found these various ones on pinterest.com)




HERE IS MY FAMILY RULES SIGN:


I am not a huge fan on a lot of bold colors like these signs.. so I stuck with more neutral colors and used the bold color on the frame only.

If you like my version and don't want to spend lots on this project follow my steps ;)

Here is what you will need:
~Various scrap booking paper (I got mine from JoAnn fabric's for .41 cents a sheet!)
~A picture frame (Mine was free from my grandma)
~A computer, *Picnik.com*, and a printer.
~Mod Podge
~Scissors
~Sharpie (I used this to color the matte in my frame.. It was maroon and I knew it wouldn't go with the color choice of the frame and the sign itself... So it was kind of a cheap way to transform your matting.)

Steps:
1.)  If you do not like the way your frame looks, repaint it! 
This is what my frame looked like BEFORE:
(I forgot to take a before pic of the one I used, but this one is the same but different matting color and picture)

This is what I did:
-Skipped the priming.
-Painted it in Sherwin Williams
-Distressed it by glazing it in Behr's.

2.)  I went to pinterest and found a 'family rules' artwork that I wanted to use.. This is what I found:
I used pretty much all the same quotes, but placed them in different order ..

3.)  Go to picnik.com and go to 'collage' and write each 'quote' in whatever font and color you like!
Save them to your documents.

4.) Print them like so:
(I trimmed mine down.. cutting wave-like lines on some of them)
I taped a strip of scrap paper to a piece of computer paper.


5.) Place them on your backing of your picture frame and Mod Podge them in place!!


6.) Let dry and frame it!

I LOVE MINE!! (not to brag or anything ;)





Total cost was pretty much under $5!!
{score}


Hope I inspired youns to make your own 'family rules' sign! :)

-JHouseTawk-


9 comments:

  1. i love it!!! thanks for linking up at once upon a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! I need to start working on one of my own now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, Jordann! Your home decoration crafts are all so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It so nice. I need to make one for myself. You always inspire me with your craft inspiration. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Cathy.. That means A LOT!! I'm glad I an inspire you over and over again!
    Jordann@ JHouseTawk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great project! Will you share with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/01/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-7.html

    Hugs,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Small one is still slightly young for this but really soon I'll be doing up my own.

    Thank-you so much for taking the time to share at our Pin'Inspiration party this week. I really hope that you can take part in my "Beat the Winter Blues" party on Saturday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you did decide to join :-) Hope that you come back as we continue to grow!

    ReplyDelete