Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Ordered :)

Tawk of the day:
          "God has perfect timing. Never early and never late. It takes a lot of patience and a lot of faith."  (Not sure who this quote belongs to, but a friend of mine had posted this on her Pinterest board.  Thought I'd share this because it's something we ALL need to understand.. His timing is everything.)




Hello everyone!
Remember that photo I shared with you all of the antique buffet that I purchased?...
Well I am super psyched to tell you that I purchased my first order of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint this evening! .. I started small lol--but spent 'large'.
I ordered a quart of Old White to paint the buffet in.. and ordered the clear wax to put over top of it.  I can't wait to get started!! But first I need to purchase some Zinsser (sp?) Shellac.  My piece is pretty old looking (not sure how old it is though) but just in case it's THAT old, I feel as though I need to just cover my buffet in that before getting started with Annie.
I have a feeling that my piece would cause the 'bleeding' some say they experience when they paint old pieces.  I'm very new at this.  I had to purchase it online.  I wasn't too happy to have to order it cause I hate to pay the extra money for shipping :( The closest store around me that sells ASCP is 50 miles away.  I'm not about to drive that when I'd have the shipping costs in gas.
I did my research and looked at a few other websites that sold ASCP online and picked the cheapest possible way of getting the paint lol.. I still ended up spending around $73 on the paint, wax, & shipping costs.
***
Hopefully when my Etsy store gets running, I'll make some extra cash to buy more ASCP! Yeaa, wishful thinking I know ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment