Monday, November 14, 2011

$4.00 Thrift Vintage-style Frame

'tawk' of the day :: "Preach the Gospel.  When necessary use words!"

For those of you who know me, I have recently turned total Thrift-Store-Junkie ..
I have a handful of thrift stores around where I live and they are pretty much the only places I shop now lol. . I love transforming junk into something worth showing off ;)
A few weeks back I spotted a Vintagy frame .. for $4.00!!! (How can you beat that??)
You would never be able to guess, but this frame is actually 'plastic'.. 
I usually repaint everything I buy from thrift stores, but this I decided I liked the frame just the way it was.. (besides the picture in the frame... it had to go.

These are the guts..


After a little wash down with the hose, loved the frame so much that I just decorated with it like it looks here.. 
I did not want to go through the hassle of replacing the picture inside it..

And as you can see in the below picture, you can play up an empty frame::

***
My husband hates he empty frame look, but I just tell him that it's style.. lol
Guys don't understand!


So next time you spot a vintagy frame and struggle to find something for it, don't stress... keep it empty and fancy it up by putting something in the middle like a flower arrangement!








No comments:

Post a Comment