Monday, October 1, 2012

Deer head plaques

I'll first talk about the deer head plaques I made for my bedroom makeover...

I started with these deer heads I got from Michael's last year for like 4.99!
{score!}

I used them as Christmas decor last year..
Then as I got to blogging and surfing the web, I came across some deer head plaques made from these!.. I decided that chopping off their heads and displaying them that way all year round was a better solution :)
So I just took a sharpie and drew a line around their necks and cut with a box cutter.
If they were not evenly cut I just took a pair of scissors and made it even by cutting of some not-so-smooth edges..

After that I just took some white craft paint (skipped the primer) and did about 3-4 coats on each deer.

I let them dry by putting them over a wine bottle.

In the meantime, I had purchased some oval wooden plaques at Michael's craft store for about 6$ each. but had a 50% coupon, so I got one for $3 :)

I cut some leftover fabric from the pillow case fabric and covered the plaque, securing it to the plaque by stapling it with a staple gun to the back! (pull tight)

Add a little saw-tooth hook on the back (measuring correctly on both!)

After that I took my deer heads when they are dry and hot gluing them to the plaque.. 

VOILA!! simplicity makes me smile :)



No comments:

Post a Comment