Thursday, December 27, 2012

Chalkboard Gallery Wall

Tawk of the day: "If You wanna steal my show, I'll sit back and watch You go
If You got somethin' to say, go on and take it away
Need You to steal my show, can't wait to watch You go
So take it away.." TOBYMAC.


Hello BlogWorld!!
I actually have a post to share with youns today!
Our house is pretty small and old, so it's not very updated {yet}..
We just recently JUST replaced our doors so I feel as though it is THAT MUCH MORE new lol.
But, anyways... that is not what I am going to share today.. I have been struggling with a way to "improve" the look of my teeny tiny dining room.
I have hung I dunno how many things to try and get the "look"..
Then it finally came to me.. I was going to paint the walls "Dolphin Fin"-Behr.. (Leftovers from when I redid our master bedroom).
I left one wall empty cause I wanted to paint it with Chalkboard Paint!
This is what I started with..
..Yes, that is Daniel Tiger on tv.. keeping the kiddo happy and entertained while I do this..lol

And after the chalkboard paint..

After letting dry for a day, I added the essentials.. 
:)
and the after, after pictures..


I still have to buy some white chalk and doodle inside the frames.. or not.. we will see 


Here is a list of the supplies I used/bought/DIY'd:
1.) the 2 frames to the very left, JoAnn Fabrics for $5 each on sale.. with some pictures from the Bahamas Cruise we took early this year.
2.) Thimble Hook, JoAnn Fabric for $5 on sale.
3.) Long rectangular frame, had on hand. I hot glued jute the whole way around it to jazz it up.
Jute was $5 at JoAnn's after a 50% coupon
4.) White frame, JoAnn's for $10 on sale.
5.) Gold frame, had on hand.. Was brown, but I spray painted it. I wanted to incorporate some gold in there!
6.) 'Love' sign.. This is something that I DIY'd.  The hubby cut some scrap pallet we had for a previous project and I nailed them together.  I then printed the word from picmonkey onto contact paper and cut it out and placed it onto the pallet.  I then nailed in nails all around the letters and removed the contact paper. After that I wrapped string all around the letters and inside the letters.. Doesn't it look unique?!
7.) Coffee/spoon hook, I got this from a thrift store for .49! Can't beat it.. Love how old it looks.




Thanks for stopping by the JHOUSE!
*Jordann*



No comments:

Post a Comment