Friday, May 3, 2013

DIY Simple Boxwood Wreath



This is such a SIMPLE  &  EASY wreath!
{time consuming, but worth it}

IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE, KEEP READING! :)
*
*
*
What you will need for this project is:

- Embroidery Hoop
- Box wood greenery
- Light gauge jewelry wire

1.) First start by removing the boxwood from the stems so you have just a whole bunch of pieces.


2.)  Take each piece one by one and start by putting each of them between the hoop circles (?? Don't know if I'm explaining this right.. ) Making sure NOT to have the loop too loose or they won't stay put.








3.)  Once you have your loop full to the point where it will not hold any more boxwood.


4.)  You don't really need to add any to the inside walls of the wreath, because you cannot really see the hoop, but I added some the way around it on the outside.











5.)  First I wired a couple pieces to the hoop where the tightening screw is to hide it from showing.
I took one long piece of wire and strung together some leftover pieces and wrapped it around the hoop and tied the ends together.

6.) VOILA! .. Now it's ready to hang :)
{The above pictures are not my own}



HERE ARE SOME OF MY FINISHED PICTURES::







Have a great day!
-Jordann-

4 comments:

  1. Your wreath looks wonderful! Great tutorial too.

    If you have a minute to spare I'd be thrilled if you could share this post at my weekly Say G'Day Saturday linky party which has just started.

    Best wishes and happy weekend!
    Natasha in Oz
    www.natashainoz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very late (I'm so sorry!!) but I just wanted to pop by and say thank you for sharing this post at my Say G'Day Saturday linky party! I have pinned this and shared it on Twitter too.

    Hope you can join in again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete