Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pantry Makeover..

tawk of the day: 
Dear God, 
why do you allow so much violence in our school?
signed-concerned student.
Dear concerned student, 
I'm not allowed in schools..,
God.


This saddens me greatly..

Hello, everybody:) 
So lately I have been looking up 'pantry makeovers' on pinterest..


Pantry Makeover

This is from House of Smiths.. #1 FAV.

This one was my inspiration to get mine looking fab.. and as you can see, it's not fab at all..
It is pretty spacious, and I haven't changed it a bit since we bought the house a couple years ago.
I wanted to spice it up a bit, making it a lot more presentable!
Here it is..
I forgot to take a 'before' pic with all my junk in it still, I just got too caught up in the moment..
So here it is empty.. and all my crap on the floor.. 


Down the road we plan to expand our kitchen/dining room so I knew I wasn't going to be spending a ton of money on this rinky dink pantry so I went the cheapest rt. possible!
It literally was just over 6$ ..

I immediately got started! .. I decided to go with a grayish color
(The paint was 'free', handed down from my aunt!)
After a couple days worth of 'mommy time' while 'j' was sleeping.. I got it painted..

It still looks a little plain.. but I figured it was just because my crap wasn't loaded back into it.
I decided to then get into my craft closet to find something else for it..
I found some scrap pieces of white and tan burlap
I cut them into equal strips and placed them onto the last 4 shelves...


I grabbed a little wooden crate thing I had laying around and placed my baking supplies in that..
I also had some glass canisters I got from my mom laying around in the basement waiting for a great DIY moment..
I bought chalkboard paint at JoAnn Fabrics and painted it onto the canisters.. 
I then, obviously, bought chalk and wrote what I was going to store in them.
Great little containers and storage bins are excellent to have for any pantry makeover.
O.R.G.A.N.I.Z.A.T.I.O.N. is key..
(pretend the background isn't up yet!)




It [STILL] needed something!!

I was strolling along in T.J.Maxx today and found some shelf protection adhesive sticker things..
I knew I wasn't using them for the shelves themselves, but I had something else in mind...
Here is what I was thinking....


SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!
YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND TONSSSS OF MONEYYY TO HAVE SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL!!
IT ONLY TOOK ME $7.00 :)

BESIDES, MY PANTRY HAS A DOOR.. SO IT'S NOT LIKE EVERYBODY WILL SEE IT ANYWAYS.. 

NOW GO BUY SOME SHELF PROTECTERS AND MAKE A WALL PRETTY :)






No comments:

Post a Comment