Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How to Decorate Kitchen Window/Shelves for Cheap

'Tawk' of the day::   "You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list, the smaller your God."
- Author Unknown

Hello, everyone :)
This is my sad little kitchen window/shelves.. 
:(  It needs a makeover::


These are the supplies I gathered::
Frames;
The bigger one I already had on hand &
I already had the 5 small frames on hand, but they were .97 on sale @Kirklands.
I figured I could use them for a project at some point!
***
I also bought a valance for the window because I had used the old one for a pillow case I sewed.
***
I got a small flower pot and some fake flowers at my grandma's house.. she had them stored away to get rid of and I figured I could find something to do with them :)
***
Then I got out my stash of spray primer and spray paint by Krylon in 'Celery'
***
With a couple coats of primer and a couple coats of paint, you'll have a whole new bunch of photo frames and flower pot :)
***
This is what my Kichen window area looks like now::  :) (:


1 medium frame~ {Already had on hand from Target.}
5 small frames~ On sale @Kirklands for {.97 ea.}
Krylon spray primer~ {@$4}
Krylon spray paint in 'celery'~ {@$4}
Fake flowers and flower pot~ {free} from grandma's
Window Valance~ $2 @Gabriel's (love this store)
Photos of loved ones~ {priceless} xox
***
Total cost~ $14.85




1 comment: