Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Painted table

'Tawk' of the day "Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day."


Hi, all :)
This is the very first piece of furniture that I have ever painted!

This little yellow table actually was left here when we bought the house.
I knew it'd be the perfect size to hold our computer printer in our living room, but knew I had to change the color in order for it to be used .. :-\

First I brush-primed it {forget the name... it was left overs from something else}
One coat of that & it was good enough for my likings.
Next I sprayed it with Rustoleum's painter's touch Black semi gloss.
I did 2 coats of this and let dry.. {it takes no longer than 30 minutes to dry!!.. I love this stuff!)
After it was dry, I took some sandpaper and distressed the edges and legs and table top until I was satisfied with how it looked ::
***


You Like?  
I like it a lot!  and it looks perfect in our living room.

Table= {free}
Primer= {leftovers}
Black spray paint {3$something}
Sandpaper= {already had}
***
Total cost= {$3.something}




No comments:

Post a Comment